It is with great pleasure that I get to welcome you to another great school year at St. John Fisher! I hope your summer was filled with memories of good times. We have been preparing for the big start all summer and from the excitement in the school this morning, it was apparent that the kids (and parents) were ready for school to begin.
With the start of each school year comes a bit of “housekeeping”. During this month, I will feature a series of friendly reminders regarding events that happen on campus. This week: Parent Communication and Parking Lot Protocol.
Parent Communication: As your partner in your child(ren)’s education, we strive to maintain open communication with you regarding school and classroom events. A few venues we use for communication are:
- “SAM” (Special Announcements Memo): Our SAM comes from the office via E-mail every Tuesday. This mailing contains important parent information each week. To help stay informed of great activities that happen on our campus, please make sure to read this mailing each week. If you are not receiving this at an E-mail that is convenient for you, please contact our IT Manager, Lori Day at email@example.com.
- SchoolSpeak: SchoolSpeak is our secure intranet website that contains school/teacher newsletters, our family directory, e-mail links for classroom teachers, forms you may need, and more. You can access Schoolspeak via the link off our school web page (www.sjfschool.org).
- Back to School Coffee: On Friday, September 16th, our PTC will host a Back to School Coffee in the cafeteria. This is a great opportunity for parents to reconnect after summer vacation and find out about the various ways you can be involved at St. John Fisher.
- Back to School Night: We host 2 Back to School Nights: Parents of middle school students come on Tuesday, September 20th, and parents of children in grades K-5 come on Wednesday, September 21st, both sessions beginning at 6:30pm in the cafeteria. During this event, we will have opportunities to meet the faculty and staff and hear the specifics for your child(ren)’s grade level. We look forward to seeing you then
Parking Lot Protocol: In an effort to provide a safe, recreational environment for our students, as well as to accommodate the needs of our parent volunteers and visitors to St. John Fisher during school hours, we ask that you please follow these very important guidelines for the safety of everyone:
- Each morning drop off: Parents may enter from either the 45th or Vermont Street entrance in order to drop off students in front of the school.
- For afternoon pick-up: Parents may enter from either the 45th or Vermont Street entrance. If entering from Vermont Street, you will need to proceed behind the church building and then join the double line of cars (as indicated by the clearly-striped lanes and arrows) and wait in line to have your student(s) brought to your vehicle once you are in front of the school. This procedure applies to all students at all grade levels, K-8. Exceptions include: (1) those students who are registered in the Extended Care program; and (2) those students whose parents walk to the main entrance of the school building in order to accompany them personally to their vehicle, should the parent choose to park instead.
Welcome again to another great year and I wish you all a wonderful week!
Principal Merrit Holub